Housing and Planning 2013
Building's Housing and Planning Whitepaper is the indispensable guide to the state of the market for the UK's housebuilders and residential developers in the wake of the government latest reforms to the planning policy environment.
The information, uncovered by Building's team of award-winning journalists, makes a vital workflow tool for housebuilders, giving data and insight into the minds of the people who have the most power to frustrate their business – the planners.
This report includes a range of must-see information for housebuilders to plan their business, including exclusive in-depth data on the planning performance and housing delivery record of every local authority in the country – telling you exactly the easiest (and hardest) places to get a planning permission.
Written following communities secretary Eric Pickles' wide-ranging reform package announced in September, this analysis includes an in-depth qualitative survey of at least 15 planning heads from UK planning authorities on how they are approaching the government's reform package.
In addition it includes survey results of over 350 residential developers of all kinds, conducted by Building magazine, on the state of the market and their key challenges in 2013.
You will also find:
- A ranking of every local authority in the UK, using a unique index based on their performance against a host of planning and development metrics, identifying the most developer-friendly local authorities to build homes in
- Detailed authority-by-authority data on planning performance, housebuilding rates, house price movement and number of schemes on hold
- Reports informed by in-depth interviews with 16 planning heads at local authorities, chosen specifically to represent all geographies and markets in the UK
- Survey results of 370 housebuilders, developers and housing associations on everything that matters most to them, from mortgage lending and finance to the introduction of the Community Infrastructure Levy
- An in-depth review of the state of the market, pulling in up-to-the-minute data from the NHBC, HBF, Barbour ABI and a huge range of other sources, including the latest forecasts across the UK
- A detailed round-up of the policy and planning environment: where the government money is going, how to get hold of it, and what the latest changes to the planning system really mean
Pre-order yours today for £199 (+VAT), visit building.co.uk/planningwhitepaper
Please note this product is a digital PDF